1. In February we welcomed Dr Péter Rácz to Bristol and he’s started work on the VariKin-Usage corpus linguistics project.
2. In January Alarna and Fiona were working with Jamie Tehrani from Durham on a fairytales project.
3. The D-PLACE database is very near to release. In April, Fiona will be talking about D-PLACE at the European Human Behaviour and Evolution Association meeting in London.
5. Applications for the Quantitative Methods Spring School at Jena were launched.
6. We welcomed Evi Argyriou as a project assistant – she is collecting kinship term data from Dravidian and Athapaskan languages.
7. Fiona was in New Zealand in March, experiencing new kinship ties at a family wedding!